Goals in Life
Now I shall talk about goals =D
I actually feel quite surprised when I ask people around me, like my classmates or some cousins, that they dont't have a direction in life. As in, they don't have a idea about how their future will be. They haven't thought that far yet, and maybe they feel "It's so far away! I'm only __, plenty of time for me to think of my future!"
Somehow, I don't feel that way. If you don't have a direction in life, or a goal that you are aiming at, be it long-term or short-term, how do you know what you are doing? Or rather, why are you doing what you are doing now? Is there a use or reason why we are studying these now? Doesn't anyone question that? I feel that if you don't have a goal, whatever you are doing right now is meaningless. What is the point of doing something if you don't know what is for? Just might as well not do it.
By "goal in life", I mean something that you work towards to, a point where you want to reach. Like Vanessa's, it can be anything, from being a mother to being the most sucessful careerwoman (career man?); to retire in luxury or to travel the world. Anything. I feel that it's quite pointless to do anything if there's no reason for it. Take, for example, studying. Are we going to make use of the knowledge that we learn now in the future, and why do we study? Is it so that I can get a good job in the future, because I want to earn lots of money and getting a degree or masters or PhD might help me achieve that, or because I am constantly on a quest for more knowledge, more information? If you don't even know why you are studying, I guess you wont really enjoy it, and wont really find any meaning doing it.
Well, what Im trying to say is that I think everyone should have a goal in life, somewhere that they know they want to reach or something they want to achieve in the future. If not, at least know what you are going to do after university=D
I actually feel quite surprised when I ask people around me, like my classmates or some cousins, that they dont't have a direction in life. As in, they don't have a idea about how their future will be. They haven't thought that far yet, and maybe they feel "It's so far away! I'm only __, plenty of time for me to think of my future!"
Somehow, I don't feel that way. If you don't have a direction in life, or a goal that you are aiming at, be it long-term or short-term, how do you know what you are doing? Or rather, why are you doing what you are doing now? Is there a use or reason why we are studying these now? Doesn't anyone question that? I feel that if you don't have a goal, whatever you are doing right now is meaningless. What is the point of doing something if you don't know what is for? Just might as well not do it.
By "goal in life", I mean something that you work towards to, a point where you want to reach. Like Vanessa's, it can be anything, from being a mother to being the most sucessful careerwoman (career man?); to retire in luxury or to travel the world. Anything. I feel that it's quite pointless to do anything if there's no reason for it. Take, for example, studying. Are we going to make use of the knowledge that we learn now in the future, and why do we study? Is it so that I can get a good job in the future, because I want to earn lots of money and getting a degree or masters or PhD might help me achieve that, or because I am constantly on a quest for more knowledge, more information? If you don't even know why you are studying, I guess you wont really enjoy it, and wont really find any meaning doing it.
Well, what Im trying to say is that I think everyone should have a goal in life, somewhere that they know they want to reach or something they want to achieve in the future. If not, at least know what you are going to do after university=D

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home